We’re looking for new volunteers at our Hertford, Ware, Bishops Stortford, Hoddesdon and Cheshunt schemes!
Interested? Please read on… and check out our Volunteer Leaflet – which you can also print or send to friends!
CHIPS has an amazing group of people who are dedicated volunteers. Without them CHIPS simply could not exist. Joining in the CHIPS fun as a volunteer can be a hugely rewarding experience and in return you will be helping make such a positive difference to the children and their families.
If you are a dedicated, fun and caring sort of person who has some time to spare then why not consider joining CHIPS as a volunteer. We offer volunteering opportunities both at our schemes, and in a fundraising capacity helping out at events etc.
What does the role entail?
Please see our Volunteers Roles and Responsibilities document for more information on the role of a Volunteer at CHIPS.
Who can apply to be a Volunteer?
- CHIPS accept applications to become a volunteer from anyone who is aged 12 or above.
- CHIPS welcome people who are looking for somewhere to complete their ‘service’ section of the Duke of Edinburgh award.
- CHIPS requires a minimum of 6 months regular volunteering as a commitment, as we invest training and staff time for our new volunteers.
Process to become a Fundraising Volunteer at CHIPS
- If you are interested in helping out at our fundraising events, just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and pop a note in the email that you’d like to be contacted when we are looking for volunteers for any of our fundraising events. We’ll then be in touch when one is coming up – there’s no long term commitments to CHIPS needed, but if you put your name down for an event, you’ll be relied upon to be there and help make the event happen.
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at CHIPS please read through the volunteer leaflet below and contact the CHIPS office using the details on the ‘Contact Us’ page of this website to see where we are recruiting volunteers for if there is no notice at the top of this page. Our Volunteering Coordinator, Suzanne, can be reached on 07846 561978 or email@example.com.
- Fill in this Young Volunteers APPLICATION FORM or Adult Volunteer Application Form and send it to us via email or post.
- You’ll need to sign our Confidentiality Form too as part of your sign up process.
- If you are over 16 you will need to be DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked. This sounds scary but it is simply a check for criminal records and other relevant information so that CHIPS can check suitability to work with our children. This will be undertaken by CHIPS and all we ask you to do is fill in a few forms.
Benefits of Being a Volunteer at CHIPS
- CHIPS can offer specific training where you can learn new skills and develop existing ones.
- It is a great place to meet and make new friends
- CHIPS can be a very rewarding experience and introduction to working with people who have additional needs
- Children of volunteers (over three years old) are more than welcome to accompany them to the scheme.
Please Contact Us if you are interested in becoming a volunteer and have any questions.